Our organization has been working in downtown Bemidji for several decades using the name Downtown Development Authority. In the past several years, we have refreshed our mission statement, our logo, or website, our boundaries and most recently our name, in an effort to define who we are and what we will be doing in downtown Bemidji.
It's Everyone's Downtown.
We appreciate the continued support of our members and invite all businesses, offices, and individuals to join, even if they are located outside of the downtown boundaries! We know that YOU recognize the importance of a thriving downtown to the greater community.
It’s easy to become a member by completing the online application:
2022-2023 Initiatives • Projects • Programs
- Find more economic ways to add parking downtown
- Downtown Parking Study
- Increased foot patrol by city police
- Increase in downtown events
- Summer intern to help keep downtown clean
- Annual Project Pride cleanup
- Update kiosks with digital information including maps & advertising
- Work with city on 2024-2025 master redesign process of downtown
- Revolving loan program
- Advocate for the review of permits, codes and ordinances that impact downtown buildings.
$150 – Business
$75 – Additional business under same owner
$75 – Individual
NOT LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN?
NOT A PROBLEM!
$150 Associate Membership
The Board of Directors
Our board of directors is composed of members elected at our annual meeting, which is held each March or April and is open to all current and prospective members. Directors serve staggered three-year terms.
Our Board Meetings are held on the last Friday of the month at the Historic Mayflower Building. Meetings start at 8 a.m. and are open to anyone interested in downtown Bemidji.
Meetings are held in person at the Historic Mayflower Building.
If you would like an email invitation to attend the next BDA Board meeting,
please CLICK HERE
Board of Directors
Scott Turn – Chair
Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce
Bryan McCoy – Treasurer
Bemidji City Council Representative